Nine Reasons To Purchase a Home Today -- Real Estate Sales Transactions
In today's economy, there is much speculation about whether or not it is time to purchase.
- Should I purchase now?
- Should I wait for the interest rates to come down lower?
- Should I wait and see if prices comes down more?
Well, in my opinion, here are 9 reasons why you should purchase now -- do not wait.
- Interest rates are very low -- the cost of a mortgage is cheap. The costs are about 1/5 what they were 2 years ago.
- Prices are low --- they are down 30% in some areas -- what a great time to purchase. So many more people can afford to buy today.
- It will be your very own -- you can paint the living room purple if you want -- you will have the pride of ownership.
- You can save on taxes --- the mortgage interest rates are a deduction -- so are other costs involved with purchasing -- whereas rent payments are not deductible.
- Many times, you can own instead of renting for less monthly payments.
- You cannot be forced to move when it is inconvenient for you and your family.
- Most of the nicer homes are for sale, not for rent -- you can live in a better place.
- Retirement -- this is a forced savings -- each month you are putting money towards your equity in the home.
- You are building equity if you own -- history has shown that home prices do rise --
Tags: mama liz, tax deductions, reasons to purchase a home, low sales prices, home ownership vs renting, low interest rates, forced to move, home ownership